Monday, August 6, 2012

(108) Sannosai I: Yours truly


So that we can get the mandatory part out of the way and thus move to more interesting matters, this weekend I participated in a matsuri (祭i.e. festival) in Kawasaki, as a member of a crew that carries one of those portable shrines-palanquins I have mentioned in previous posts. Besides the picture I post today (which, for obvious reasons was taken by Atsuko), you can see a special set named “Sannosai 2012” in Flickr (“Sannosai” or “山王祭” is the name of the festival), a set of pictures dedicated to, believe it or not, me in Facebook, taken by a Taiwanese acquaintance of mine and, if you feel your Japanese up to task, an article (with a picture) in a local newspaper; apparently I and a foreign student from Tanzania were the most interesting faces in that crowd.

Picture by: Toyama Atsuko

0 comments: